Friday, August 14, 2015

Blood, Burgers, and Monsters

Blood test by the bay with my love. It's a general health check up, but also a genetics test for the baby. Mostly we consented because we'd like to have a "home" birth. "Home" in the macro sense for is simple: Zen Center. In the micro, it means we've moved about five times in the last four years to varying abodes around temple grounds. At the moment, we live in lower barn 5 and 7. Soon we'll live somewhere else, as Tassajara has refreshing tradition of moving its students around every 3 to 6 months.

We've been told no birthing babies in the valley, please. Too risky. It's slow hour climb over the mountains, so we need to find a place nearby to birth baby. We're not too active in searching this place out. Things at Zen Center have a habit of manifesting.

We're also doing the usual thing students do when they leave the valley: eat hamburgers, talk on the phone, get caught up on facebook and such. Oh, and buy stuff! I bought another pair of five fingers ( I love those things, in fact, because there isn't room in the truck for the way back, I'll be running that 14 mile road to tassajara. Really, it's no thing- I move at a steady trot, take in the sights, listen to everything from Justin Timberlake to Iron Maiden and just let my mind wonder). I also bought a new 5th edition monster manual for Dungeons and Dragons! I wanted to support the little game shop and I like to peruse the manual for writing inspiration. I still like to write fantasy fiction as my purely fun activity.

Well, back to tassajara!

No comments:

Post a Comment